As with any good pizza recipe, if you prefer different veggies, add them in. Bell peppers, jalapenos and any other pizza topping you enjoy would be delicious in this soup!
- 1 ¼ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz pizza sauce no added sugar
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked Italian sausage
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese optional
In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese). Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot.
Optional: Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.