My family has always been fans of classic sloppy joes. There’s something so satisfying about the sweet and savory combination and messiness of it all! But I just can’t seem to want to feed them the canned version of the sauce.
Homemade sloppy joes are so easy to make and come together in one skillet in about 15-20 minutes. Browned turkey, chicken or beef is mixed with onion, anti-inflammatory spices and green pepper then simmered in a sweetened tomato ketchup sauce. The secret is in finding the right seasoning for the sauce! We’ve added a little bit of barbecue sauce to this recipe for a little added zip!
This dish is great for family meals or parties because it can be made so quickly. So, even if it’s a spur-of-the-moment gathering, grab your ingredients and make the crowd happy!
Turkey Sloppy Joe's
- 1 ½ lb ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper any color
- ½ cup ketchup See link above
- 3 Tbsp barbecue sauce no added sugar or see link above
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce no added sugar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on anti-inflammatory bread/buns or crisp napa cabbage or lettuce leaves.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more details.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!