Are you taking a trip and need a healthy snack in the car? Or, are you bored with your typical snacks and need something to spice up your snack drawer? Nuts are a staple that you can easily find in the store just be sure to stay away from peanuts and go with natural, unsalted almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, etc. Even a handful will provide protein and fiber and help fill you up! See our recipe below on making a delicious Spicy Nut Mix.
Spicy Nut Mix
- Oven or Air Fryer
- ½ cup ghee or clarified butter melted
- 4 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce no added sugar
- ¾ tsp Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 ¼ cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole cashews
- 1 ½ cups whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a 15 x 10" rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ghee, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in the nuts until coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container for several weeks.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat your air fryer to 325°F for 3 minutes.
- Place the dressed nuts (see instruction 2 above) in a single layer in the basket or on the crisper plate. Close the basket or door and set your timer for 10 minutes. At 6 minutes, shake the basket or stir to rotate the nuts. Continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Test a nut for crunch. Spread on wax paper to cool.
- Use natural, unsalted nuts whenever possible.
- Not a fan of one of the nuts in the ingredients list? Swap with one of your favorites. But, avoid peanuts when possible.
#treatsonthego #goaheadandbenuts #treatyourselfwell
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more information like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for more details.