March 18 is National Sloppy Joe’s day! We took our sloppy joe’s and added them to a sweet potato to make an easy but delicious and filling anti-inflammatory meal. Try this recipe for lunch or dinner. It also freezes well (already stuffed) so make plenty and have them on hand for a quick anti-inflammatory meal when you’re rushed.
Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes
- 12 oz ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 oz yellow onions, finely diced
- 2 oz red & green pepper, finely diced
- 1 oz celery, finely diced
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake sweet potato until tender, about 35 minutes. Let sit to cool then cut in half lengthwise.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions, garlic and celery until the onions are tender.
- Add the ground beef to the same skillet to brown.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add all spices, honey and bell peppers to the skillet. Pour in the diced tomatoes with the liquids and the tomato sauce. Simmer all together on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon ½ of the sloppy joe mixture into each half of the potato and serve warm.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!