February 9 is National Pizza Day. And who can go without eating a delicious slice of pizza? Many people think that if they are eating gluten free or are on an anti-inflammatory diet that pizza is not an option. Well, we’re here to tell you that you can absolutely have the tomato-y goodness with this gluten free pizza recipe. There is no cheese but we’ve added so much punch with flavor that you won’t miss the cheese. If you are eating a Keto Diet, go ahead and add the amount of cheese that works with your plan for the day.
And while we’re celebrating National Pizza Day, how about a recipe for Pizza Soup? Can’t go wrong with this recipe either! Give it a try and see what you think!
Gluten Free Pizza
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp olive oil divided
- ½ cup onion diced
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 4 oz Italian sausage
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, almond butter, eggs and sea salt. Spread 2 tsp oil on a baking sheet and spread the mixture on top, making a ¼” thick crust. Place the sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and add the remaining olive oil, onions, mushrooms and sausage. Cook, breaking up the sausage, until browned and the onions are opaque. Remove the mixture from the skillet into a separate bowl.
- Put the garlic and bell pepper into the skillet and sauté – do not cook them all the way, as they will be cooking more in the oven.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the tomato sauce on top. Top with the sausage mixture, bacon pieces, prosciutto, sautéed veggies, spinach, oregano and fennel seed.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes. Be careful when taking the slices off the sheet as the dough may be soft. Garnish with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
- 1 ¼ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz pizza sauce no added sugar
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked Italian sausage
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese optional
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese). Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot.
- Optional: Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
#GlutenFreePizza #NationalPizzaDay #PizzaSoup
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more information and recipes like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.