Someone is a genius and named January 27 National Chocolate Cake Day. So, we have a recipe for you. If you or those you care for are gluten free or have a gluten intolerance you will love this gluten free chocolate cake recipe. Or you may just be looking for a healthier version of one of our favorite treats. We like making this into brownies (for ease) but the same recipe can be used for a chocolate cake or chocolate muffins. Try this recipe to please your family or your whole party!
Servings: 12 brownies
- 1 1/8 cups almond butter
- 2/3 cups pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups honey
- 1/4 cups powdered Stevia
- 1/2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/8 Tbsp salt
- 1/8 cup baking soda
- Coconut oil, melted
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature!!!
- Preheat oven to 325F and generously grease a sheet pan or jelly roll pan with melted coconut oil. Do not use parchment paper on pans.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin and powdered Stevia and mix well.
- Add baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate chips, mix well. Using a rubber spatula, clean the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add whole chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour batter directly on oiled pan. Batter does not rise so fill the sheet trays to the top. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the trays and bake for another 8 minutes. Check center for doneness. May need another 2-4 minutes.
Make varieties of this same recipe into mini muffins or an iced cake to have on hand year-round. They freeze well too!
If making muffins and using frozen pumpkin, you must thaw overnight in a fine mesh strainer or muffins will collapse.
Do you want some more chocolate goodness? How about some low carb, anti-inflammatory hot chocolate to help get you warmed up? Here are a couple of different recipes to try! Note that if you are a big coffee drinker, you may like to try these recipes without the sweetness of the stevia as a coffee alternative.
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar or a few drops of chocolate stevia
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup hot water
Mix together in a mug!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops of peppermint mocha stevia, or to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Add cocoa to boiling water and stir well, blending in the cinnamon and peppermint mocha stevia. Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla. Pop it in the microwave to warm it up to your desired temperature!
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more information and recipes like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for more details.
#NationalChocolateCakeDay #GlutenFreeChocolateCake #Paleo