Someone is a genius and named January 27 National Chocolate Cake Day. So, we have a recipe for you. If you or those you care for are gluten free or have a gluten intolerance you will love this gluten free chocolate cake recipe. Or you may just be looking for a healthier version of one of our favorite treats. We like making this into brownies (for ease) but the same recipe can be used for a chocolate cake or chocolate muffins. Try this recipe to please your family or your whole party!
Servings: 12 brownies
- 1 1/8 cups almond butter
- 2/3 cups pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups honey
- 1/4 cups powdered Stevia
- 1/2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/8 Tbsp salt
- 1/8 cup baking soda
- Coconut oil, melted
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature!!!
- Preheat oven to 325F and generously grease a sheet pan or jelly roll pan with melted coconut oil. Do not use parchment paper on pans.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin and powdered Stevia and mix well.
- Add baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate chips, mix well. Using a rubber spatula, clean the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add whole chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour batter directly on oiled pan. Batter does not rise so fill the sheet trays to the top. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the trays and bake for another 8 minutes. Check center for doneness. May need another 2-4 minutes.
Make varieties of this same recipe into mini muffins or an iced cake to have on hand year-round. They freeze well too!
If making muffins and using frozen pumpkin, you must thaw overnight in a fine mesh strainer or muffins will collapse.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more information and recipes like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for more details.
#NationalChocolateCakeDay #GlutenFreeChocolateCake #Paleo