Four Garlic Smell Hacks That Work!
Are you tired of your hands and fingers smelling like stinky garlic? Check out these four hacks that work to rid the garlic smell.
Your hands will smell minty fresh when you pour some mouthwash on your hands and rub together for about 10 seconds and then rinse with cold water.
As long as you don’t have cuts or scrapes on your hands, cut a lemon in half and wipe the cut side across your hands and fingers.
Massage tomato juice on your hands for about 10 seconds then rinse with cold water. The juice will neutralize the garlic smell. It’s a little weird, but we’ve seen tomato juice neutralize the odor of a dog’s fur after being sprayed by a skunk!
What? Ok, this one might be out there, but it’s effective! Rub your fingers against your kitchen faucet or stainless steel sink, then rub them under cold water to rinse.
#lovehacks #stinkygarlic #cleaningmethods #whatreallyworks
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!
Do you love garlic and want a couple of healthy recipes that include this delicious spice? These recipes come right out of The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass.
Roasted Garlic Asparagus
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lbs thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat oil, garlic, onion powder, and parsley on low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic mixture is fragrant but not browned.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper. Drizzle on the garlic-oil mixture.
- Roast about 8 minutes, until the asparagus are bright green; do not overcook. Serve hot.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Toss trimmed asparagus with olive oil, garlic, onion powder and parsley. Combine to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in air fryer basket, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes, tossing once through cook time. Serve hot.
Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
This delicious dressing will keep you coming back for more! Drizzle this over salads, vegetables or use as a marinade on chicken or fish.
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Stevia or coconut palm sugar to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the garlic, olive oil and thyme and simmer over low heat until the garlic is golden and soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the garlic and thyme to a blender, add the vinegar, mustard and stevia and blend until smooth. While the blender is running, add the cooled garlic oil in a thin, steady stream and blend until the dressing thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Will keep in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Easy Roasted Garlic Chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 (6 oz each) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp dry thyme)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat, add the chicken and season with salt & pepper. Brown about 3 – 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are tender and lightly browned, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the thyme and arrowroot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and scrape the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a spoon while the broth is sizzling when added. This deglazes your pan.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Cover skillet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer on the stovetop for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with a salad, veggie or side dish of your choice.