Our favorite Fish Tacos recipe! These are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned plump fish. Don’t skip the best fish taco peach salsa – you will want it on all your tacos! We use cod or tilapia but you are welcome to use any white fish. Salmon or shrimp would be amazing as well!
We used the air fryer to prepare our fish but feel free to bake it in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. The air fryer and a few spritzes of olive oil take the guilt out of eating fried fish!
Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
- Air Fryer
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 medium peach diced
- ½ small red onion diced
- ½ jalapeno or to taste, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finelychopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp powdered stevia
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lime juiced
- 8 large crisp napa cabbage or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs beaten well
- 1 lb cod, talapia or other white fish cut into 1 oz pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 oz slaw mix or chopped lettuce
- Tomatoes, black olives and other taco favorites chopped
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients into a small bowl. Stir, and reserve until ready to serve.
- Put the flour with ½ tsp salt, and eggs into individual containers large enough to dip the fish pieces. Evenly sprinkle the cod pieces with the remaining salt.
- Dredge each piece of fish in flour and shake off the excess before dipping into eggs, and then finally coating evenly with flour again.
- Liberally coat the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Put the floured fish into the basket. Spray each piece of cod liberally with olive oil spray on both the tops and bottoms.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F for 10 minutes. Cook until cod is golden and crispy on all sides, turning halfway through cooking.
- When cod is ready, transfer one piece of fish to each lettuce leaf. Top with a spoonful of salsa, 1 oz slaw mix and your favorite taco toppings. Roll to form a taco. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and an extra pinch of salt if desired.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!