These beet chips are super easy to make with just a couple of ingredients. You can keep them simple with just a little sea salt, or you can add some fun things like onion powder, or rosemary or any other spices or herbs you like. These chips are crispy and satisfying; you won’t be able to eat just one or even a couple. I made a batch and planned to eat a few for a mid-afternoon snack, saving the rest for an evening snack. That didn’t work. At all.
When stored, these chips will likely lose a bit of their crisp so it’s best to eat these right away when they are their crispiest.
Besides being super delicious and vibrantly beautiful, if you need more reasons to eat beets here are a few of their benefits:
- Beets are a unique source of phytonutrients called betalains. The betalains found in beets have been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification support.
- The combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory molecules in beets makes this food a highly-likely candidate for risk reduction of many cancer types.
- Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure and increased exercise performance.
- Beet fiber is a specific type of food fiber that may provide special health benefits, particularly with respect to health of our digestive tract (including prevention of colon cancer) and our cardiovascular system.
- Air Fryer
- 1 medium beet about 5 oz
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- Slice beet into thin, even slices. A mandoline is a great way to get even slices. Transfer to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray liberally with olive oil spray, sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes, or until edges are browned and crispy.
- When beet chips are ready, transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped dill and vinegar and toss to combine.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more information like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for more details.