Are you looking for a French toast recipe you can eat on an anti-inflammatory diet? Well, look no further! This recipe is gluten free and delicious! Prepare extras and freeze it so you can pull it out of the freezer for a quick breakfast on the run!
For a tasty topper, try pure maple syrup or our recipe for two-ingredient Strawberry Maple Syrup.
Banana Nut French Toast
- 1 lb bananas
- 12 oz cashews roasted
- 7 oz almond flour
- 2 ⅓ oz chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz honey
- ¾ Tbsp baking soda
- 1 ⅓ tsp cream of tartar
- ¾ Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F and roast the cashews for about 5–7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Do not turn the oven off.
- Once cool, grind cashews down in the food processor to a fine meal. Add coconut oil and continue grinding until you get cashew butter.
- Add bananas to the cashew butter and process until a soupy consistency.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the cashew/banana mixture along with all other ingredients. Mix WELL.
- Oil bread pans with coconut oil. Pour the batter evenly into 2 pans. Bake for 20–25 minutes, turning pans after 15 minutes.
French Toast Instructions
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large skillet. Save remaining oil to add to the skillet as needed. Dip bread slices into mixture and cook until golden brown on each side.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!