If you have conditions that cause inflammation, you are likely going to have to change your eating habits. Most doctors we work with will recommend an anti-inflammatory diet. You might think giving up something you love is too hard. If you find yourself thinking “I can’t give up bread!” We have some good news for you — bread is possible on an anti-inflammatory diet! But don’t buy your bread from the bread isle in the grocery store, as that bread is likely highly processed and full of inflammatory ingredients. If you can’t find a bread without all of the preservatives, try this simple and nutritious anti-inflammatory sandwich bread recipe.
This recipe can also be frozen so make a loaf or two at a time. If you’re not going to eat it all in a few days, freeze some slices and pull it out of your freezer as needed.
Anti-Inflammatory Sandwich Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 Tbsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter and olive oil until well combined.
- With a mixer, beat in eggs and molasses.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and beat with mixer until thoroughly combined. Check the bottom of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Grease a loaf pan and add the dough. Drizzle with olive oil. Score the dough however you like.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 325°F.
Use this anti-inflammatory bread recipe to make these delicious sandwiches.
- 1 slice anti-inflammatory sandwich bread (recipe above), toasted if you like
- 2 Tbsp almond or sunflower butter
- ½ banana, sliced
- 3 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp grain free granola or chopped nuts
- Honey to drizzle
- Spread nut butter over bread. Top with sliced bananas and strawberries. Sprinkle with granola or nuts. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
- Try this with different fruit every time you eat it so you have a different experience each time.
- Not only is this a great sandwich for lunch but I also eat it for breakfast (it keeps me satisfied until my mid-day meal) or a snack if I need something to keep me going for the rest of the day.
Ham & Veggie Sandwich
- 1 slice anti-inflammatory sandwich bread (recipe above)
- 3 slices lean deli ham
- ¼ cucumber, sliced thin
- ½ Roma tomato, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp shredded carrots
- 1 very thin full round slice red onion
- 2 crisp lettuce leaves
- 1 ½ tsp homemade classic mayonnaise
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- ½ tsp dill
- Mix the mayonnaise, jalapeno and dill in a bowl.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread slice. Top with cucumber, tomato, carrots and onion. Place ham over the top of the vegetables and top with lettuce to form a sandwich.
- Mix up your protein and veggies every time you make this sandwich. Try lean turkey, chicken, salami, roast beef and mix up any veggies you like, sliced thin to fit on a sandwich. It is also good served with a spicy mustard.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!