June 10 is National Egg Roll Day and in honor of this day, we are sharing a healthy anti-inflammatory version of a classic egg roll. This bowl is packed with vegetables and lean protein; it is a quick and easy low-carb dish that is great for lunch or dinner. You really won’t miss the egg roll wrapper because you still get the crunch from the vegetables. If you are following an anti-inflammatory diet, this is a great recipe to try. It’s also tasty left over so make extras and simply re-heat for a quick anti-inflammatory egg roll meal on the go.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Servings = 3
- 1 lb lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped, any color
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup match stick carrots, or finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded or package coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- ½ cup beef or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos, coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Brown ground meat in a hot skillet over medium heat with bell pepper, celery, onion, carrot, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add cabbage, broth and aminos. Sauté until cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
- If you like a little spice with your egg roll, add sriracha or hot sauce to taste in instruction 3 or drizzled over your meal when served.
- Switch up the protein by scrambling 2-3 eggs into the mixture for a vegetarian option or use crumbled tofu for a vegan option.
#AntiInflammatoryRecipe #HealthyEating #ImproveGutHeatlh
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.