Do you love your air fryer? Do you have it out tonight, looking for an easy, delicious anti-inflammatory side dish to make with the rest of your meal? We have the recipe. With just a few ingredients, this side will become a family favorite.
Don’t have an air fryer? No worries! This recipe can be put together the same way but cooked in the oven for a delicious roasted taste.
Air Fryer (or Roasted) Green Beans
- Oven or Air Fryer
- 1 lb fresh green beans snapped into 2" pieces
- 1 colored bell pepper sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or to taste
- Salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Slivered almonds optional
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Place green beans and onion in a large bowl, sprinkle with seasonings and toss in 2 Tbsp olive oil to coat.
- In a separate bowl, add peppers and mushrooms to the bowl, sprinkle with seasoning and toss in remaining olive oil to coat.
- Arrange green beans and onions in a single layer in air fryer basket. Cook 8-10 minutes, until just tender.
- Add peppers and mushrooms to the basket and toss with green beans and onions. Cook another 8-10 minutes, until veggies are browned.
- To serve, sprinkle with slivered almonds if desired.
- If you like bacon with this dish, chop 3-4 strips of bacon and toss with the veggies in instruction 3 above. Cook with vegetables in the last 8-10 minutes of cooking time.
- This dish can be made the same way in the oven. To roast the vegetables prepare the same way but cook on a sheet pan at 375°F. The green beans and onion cooking time should be increased to 10-15 minutes or until beans are tender. Then follow remaining instructions.
#AirFryer #SimpleRecipe #AddSomeBacon
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!